Auction conducted in cooperation with Hall and Hall, Cottonwood Commercial & Nicholls Auction Marketing Group
NOTE: Auction conducted off site at New Market Fire and Rescue Community Room, 9771 South Congress St., New Market, VA 22844
Woodside Farms has long been considered one of the finest estates in the Shenandoah Valley. Originally part of a large land grant from King George III, this farm and ranch property is one of a kind. The farm includes exterior and interior fencing, cross fencing, cattle working facilities, two auction rings, along with a historic 7,500 square foot estate home circa 1800, plus much more.
Auction Date and Location:
Wednesday, October 7th at 3:00pm ET
Held at the New Market Fire & Rescue’s Community Room
9771 S. Congress St., New Market, VA 22844
Information Dates and Location:
- Thursday, September 10th 10:00am to 12:00noon ET
- Saturday, September 19th 10:00am to 12:00noon ET
- Wednesday, September 23rd 10:00am to 12:00noon ET
- Wednesday, October 7th 10:00am to 12:00noon ET
Meet an Auction representative at the Historic Manor House on Tract 5 or call 800-829-8747 for a private showing.
Please click HERE to go to Hall and Hall website
Just the Facts
- Offered in six tracts and combinations from 36± to 566± acres
- Historical 7,500 square foot, circa 1800 estate home
- Three ranch homes and numerous homesites
- Horse and cattle working facilities
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Tracts 1 – 3: The North Farm
- Tract 1: 98± Acres
- Tract 2: 125± Acres
- Tract 3: 36± Acres
Beautiful open farmland consisting of 259± acres. Improvements include 42’X120’ round bale barn and covered corral, machine shed, 150 feet of concrete feed bunks, large pond, well-fenced, and a 3,000 square foot tenant house that is in need of remodeling.
Tract 4: The Round Barn Farm: 236± Acres
This 236± acre farm has always been recognizable for the historic round barn that has been preserved over the years. The farm is comprised of all cleared farmland. While all the land is presently in hay and pasture, most is tillable. There are two tenant houses on the property along with numerous other structures in good condition. The property is well-fenced, has livestock handling facilities, office sale ring, 40’X180’ round bale barn, 200 foot concrete feed bunk, numerous corrals and calving barns.
Tract 5 & 6: The Estate
- Tract 5: 54± Acres with Historic Manor House
- Tract 6: 566± Acres with Horse & Ranch Facilities
The historic manor home, circa 1800, was completely renovated in the late 1980s, maintaining the original Greek revival character. This 7,500 square foot home boasts five large bedrooms, each with full bathrooms. All of the living areas have views of Massanutten Mountain and the clear open farmland. The well-manicured lawn and patio space take advantage of the open mountain views and pastoral setting.
Presently, this breathtaking farm is home to a purebred Angus herd and is well-fenced both on the exterior and interior. The farmland consists of primarily orchard grass with 150± acres tillable. Smith Creek runs through the property with an additional three-acre pond. Also included are three 48’X96’ round bale barns, one 48’X96’ machine shed, auction ring, cattle facilities, grain bin, two upright silos, and numerous other sheds. One of the few farms in the Shenandoah Valley that is equipped and ready for a large-scale cattle operation.
Deeded Acres: 1,115±
Total Acres: 1,115±
Lowest Elevation: 1,040
Highest Elevation: 1,640
Summary of Terms:
- A ten percent (10%) buyer's premium will be added to the final bid price(s) to determine the total contract price(s).
- A ten percent (10%) earnest money deposit of the total contract price will be due immediately from all successful bidders.
- The property is being sold "AS IS, WHERE IS" and without any contingencies, including financing.
- Closing will be set 45 days from the auction date or as soon thereafter as closing documents are available.
- Broker participation is available. Contact Hall and Hall for participation guidelines.
Please Click HERE to be linked to the Hall and Hall website